Diabetes Prevention Program
The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program (YDPP) is a lifestyle change program proven to reduce the number of cases of Type 2 Diabetes by 58% for adults, and by 71% for seniors.
In YDPP, you will spend a year surrounded by a group of supportive people with common goals who care about your well-being.
- Evidence-based program
- CDC approved curriculum
- Small group supportive environment
- 25 FUN sessions delivered over ONE YEAR – 16 weekly, 3 every-other week, and 6 monthly sessions
- Facilitated by a certified lifestyle coach.
- Lose 5 -7 percent of body weight
- Gradually increase physical activity 150 weekly minutes
- Healthy eating
- Portion control
- 18 years of age or older
- Overweight with BMI of 25 or greater
- Diagnosed with prediabetes via one of the three blood test or previous diagnosis of gestational diabetes
- Includes a 6 month adult YMCA membership
Contact Kyle Almoney at [email protected] or call 717-843-7884 ext. 248 for more info.