The fight against cancer doesn’t end at the doctor’s office. Cancer treatments often push survivors physically, mentally, and emotionally to the limit and the road back to normal can seem overwhelming. This is where LIVESTRONG at the YMCA comes in. Your support of the YMCA brings this 12-week program to cancer survivors free of charge.
The program’s small group setting and passionate instructors lead to inspirational breakthroughs again and again.
- Cara completed the program and went on to become an instructor, inspiring others to be the best that they can be.
- Dottie met new friends who understood what she was going through.
- Bill felt heard, supported, and cared for, empowering him to overcome, not only cancer, but his own mental health diagnoses.
- Karen used the program as a way to get active and explore new workouts, but quickly fell in love with the people around her.
- Elizabeth worked with YMCA staff to complete the program and connect with other resources at the Y to help her pay her bills.
- Charlie took advantage of the free YMCA membership to make new friends and try different fitness classes.
These are just a few of the examples of how LIVESTRONG at the YMCA changes lives every day. Cara, Dottie, Bill, Karen, Elizabeth, and Charlie’s lives will never be the same after cancer, but, thanks to LIVESTRONG at the YMCA and you, their lives are full of amazing experiences and wonderful people.