TO LIVE HEALTHIER
Healthy Weight and Your Child focuses on healthy eating, regular physical activity and behavior change to empower children to live a healthier and active lifestyle. Families will work with trained Leaders for the duration of the 25-session program.
Evidence shows that child weight-management programs are more effective when the whole family is involved and committed to adopting healthier habits.
TO QUALIFY, A CHILD MUST:
- Be 7-13 years old
- Carry excess weight (Body mass index of the 95th percentile or higher)
- Receive clearance from a provider to participate in physical activity
- Have an adult attend ALL sessions with them
- In-person sessions for child and adult
- Physical activity
- Healthy eating
- Portion control
- Grocery Store tour
- Food label reading
- Internal and external triggers
February 12 – May 23, 2019 – York Branch YMCA
Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- February 12 – April 11 – Program meets on both Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- April 11 – May 23 – Program meetings on Thursday evenings
Learn more: Healthy Weight and Your Child Trifold
Contact Amy Sipe for more information or to register your family. 717-843-7884